Thursday 20 June 2013

Make a Statement Digital Tour

Stampin' Up! recently launched My Digital Studio (MDS) in Australia and New Zealand and it has been an interesting learning curve for me! I am not a digital crafter and I am not even that computer literate to tell the truth! I can do the usual things on the computer, but have never really mastered the art of photo shop or any other digital program.
When we registered for the Stampin' Up! Convention this year, we received the MDS program for free - a saving of $24.95! I had already downloaded the free trial, found here, had a quick play around with it and then dismissed it - it wasn't really my cup of tea, and I didn't think it would be of any value in my crafting world.
Well - I was so wrong!! I took the MDS class at Convention, even though I don't own a laptop computer. I sat and watched as Shannon went through how to make changes to a card she was creating on the big screen, she was exceptionally patient, and I found that I learnt stuff! Even though I wasn't able to do the steps, somehow my over-inspired brain managed to hang on to the information, and when I got home and wanted to make thankyou cards for my two roomies, I remembered what she had shown me!! I downloaded the full version of MDS and away I went! My attempts are pretty simple, but if you scroll down to my New Catalogue Launch post, you will see my simple little flyer!
So why am I telling you this? Well, Stampin' Up! are having a Digital Tour in August and September and you are invited to come along!
This is on the Digital Tour page:


Perth- Make a Statement Digital Tour 2013

Register Now and Receive My Digital Studio Software—Free!Bring out the digital designer in you and discover My Digital Studio—an intuitive digital design software featuring Stampin’ Up!’s exclusive artwork, colours and templates!
Learn how My Digital Studio can fit in with your life and your style to help you become your own digital designer—creating cards, invitations, photobooks, party decor, recipe books, home décor, calendars and more! Being creative couldn’t be easier!
Experience a range of inspirational projects, ideas and techniques through project displays and engaging presentations. Bring your laptop and digital images and follow along in our classes to create your own designer photobook, capturing your own cherished memories. You’ll go home with several complete pages! Classes are designed for beginners, to provide you with a basic understanding of My Digital Studio software.

Inspirational displays:
At the event we have display boards to showcase attendee's creative ideas and provide inspiration, feel free to bring along a project you created using MSD to add. Make sure you bring you camera so you can take home a sample of everyone's work!

Laptop and Digital Images To make the most out of the event, please bring your laptop so you can follow along during the class and create your photobook layouts. My Digital Studio must be installed on your laptop before the event. Please also bring a selection of at least 20 digital photographic images that you’d like to use to create your photobook pages. The following image file formats are supported: PNG, JPEG or GIF. The photobook template used during the training session--Downtown Grunge--has a neutral colour scheme.
 Cancellations
If you cancel your registration by the Monday before the event, you will be entitled to a refund of your fee, minus a $24.95 AUD cancelation fee; if you cancel after the Monday before the event, the registration fee is non-refundable.
Fee
$35 AUD includes My Digital Studio software and access to all activities and presentations at the half-day event.

* Once you have registered for Make a Statement Digital Tour, you will receive an email from Stampin' Up! within 1-2 business working days containing the MDS software link and instructions for the downloading.



 
  •      When
  •       Saturday, August 24, 2013
                09:00 - 13:00
    • Where

    • Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre
      21 Mounts Bay Rd
      Perth
      Australia
    • Check-in starts at 8:00 AM with doors opening at 8:30 AM
    Check out a great short video on how SU! created the invitation in MDS: 




    Click here to go to MDS Home and check out all of the wonderful things you can do with MDS - even for a beginner like me there is lots to do, and for a more seasoned digital crafter, you will be amazed!!
    Contact me for more information - or to register online for the Perth Tour click here.
    Hope to see you there!
    Until next time,
    Kylie xxx








    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    2021-2022 In Colors

    Intoducing our lovely new 2021-2022 In Colors! These are some of my favourite In Colors ever! We will have these in our collection for 2 yea...