Wednesday 30 May 2018

Workshop Make and Take and Hostess Gift

I had my first workshop in a long time on Sunday - I mainly do paid classes - and it was nerve-wracking! I hate standing in front of people talking about the catalogue, even though I love talking about the catalogue!
I'm not a public speaker at all!
I much prefer doing a class, I find that a bit easier - sitting down with the attendees and showing them the sample, running through how to make it, then step-by-step repeating instructions as we make it together. The attendees are focused on their project, barely looking at me as they work, so much better lol!

The ladies were lovely. Some of them drove up from Mandurah - now that's commitment! It was a chilly, miserable day, we were up in the Perth Hills, and the view was just gorgeous! 
Perfect day for stamping!
Some of the ladies were new to stamping, and hadn't done heat embossing before, so I enjoyed showing them the technique, and they loved the wow of watching the embossing powder melt!
Here is the sample, which I cased from the internet:


The flower images and the sentiment have been embossed in gold. I took the whole stamp set - Love What You Do - and some of the ladies changed the flower or the sentiment and made the card their own, it was great seeing them get right into it!
Here are the supplies that I used to make this card:

Product List
Here is the hostess gift I made, and you can get the template I used here



I put aromatic candles from IKEA in the side and they smell gorgeous! I left it blank for the hostess to regift if she liked.
I made a smaller one for my hostess on Thursday, I'll be back then to show you :)

Here are the supplies I used to make this gift:


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

2021-2022 In Colors

Intoducing our lovely new 2021-2022 In Colors! These are some of my favourite In Colors ever! We will have these in our collection for 2 yea...