Thursday 21 February 2019

Floral Romance meets Life is Grand....

Stampin' Up! demonstrators are so generous and sharing with their ideas and projects, you can never say "I don't know what to do with this product", all you have to do is google, and there will be inspiration wherever you look!
I follow a U.S. demonstrator called Patty Bennett - she is amazing!
Patty posted a card on her blog a while back, and it instantly made me want to sit down and make it - and I finally did!
Using the Floral Romance dsp and the Life is Grand stamp set, both from the new Occasions Catalogue, I remade her card - which you can see here - plus made some more using the other stamps in the set:






To do the Hello one without the "dear friend" part, I cut the stamps apart (don't stress, they fit back together beautifully when I want to stamp the whole sentiment ) I often cut stamps apart so that I can have more versatility in their uses, but if you can't bring yourself to do that, cover the part of the stamp that you don't want inked up with sticky tape, then peel that off once you've inked the stamp, before you stamp it, and you have the same effect :)


The Floral Romance dsp is a mix of paper sheets and vellum sheets. I cut the leaves out of one of the vellum sheets, then attached them with glue dots, which don't show through the vellum. The woodgrain sheet behind the sentiment is another sheet from the dsp pack.
I cut the white sentiment panel out with the Stitched Shapes (for the oval) and the new Rectangle Stitched Shapes from the Occasions catalogue. The Old Olive twine was also from the Occasions catalogue.
These cards came together quite quickly, I really like them, so thanks Patty for your inspiration!

If you would like to order any of the supplies used here, see the links below:

Until next time,
Kylie :)





Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

2021-2022 In Colors

Intoducing our lovely new 2021-2022 In Colors! These are some of my favourite In Colors ever! We will have these in our collection for 2 yea...