Tuesday 10 October 2017

Coffee Table Gifts for Stamp Club

I saw a cute little Stand Up Treat Holder by Janet Wakeland online recently, and adapted her idea to the treats I wanted to use. I need taller sides to keep in our larger-sized beverage sachets,but wanted to show off the smaller items as well, so I came up with this!
Here it is before I added the treats. I used a different side of the Coffee Break dsp for each treat holder. I made one hot chocolate holder as one of my stamp club ladies doesn't like coffee.




I filled them with 2 hot beverage sachets, either hot chocolate or cappuccino and mocha. I included a wrapped tea bag, 2 barista sugar sticks, one brown and one white, that I sourced from The Little Big Company (https://www.tlbc.com.au/candy/rock-candy/),
 and two Merci chocolates in the front.
I used the Coffee Cafe stamp set and Coffee Cup Framelits and the matching cardstock. They were quite heavy when filled, I thought it was a great gift, and would look perfect on someone's desk at work for a little 'pick-me-up"!

This is the link to Janet's tutorial, I worked out my own measurements as my treat holder is bigger, but you will get the idea from her excellent youtube video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IVGAw5mDwA. 

Once you have watched Janet's video, and you have an idea of how the base and box are constructed, you might like to make my version, so here are the measurements, and they go together much the same way Janet's does:
cardstock base: 1  11.5cm x 29.7cm (full length of A4)
scored at 7 and a quarter inches (18.4cm) and again at 9 and a quarter inches (23.5cm) with a .5inch scored end
1 11.5 cm x 19.7cm (7.75") scored at .5inch . These two pieces join the same way they do in Janet's video.
The pocket at the front measures 11.5cm x 29.7cm (full length of A4)
scored at 1inch, 5.5inches, 6.5inches and 11inches. Turn and score at 1inch for  the bottom.
To make the top edge of the pocket, I measured 1.5inches down and 1.5inches in and cut diagonally from each side, then across the front. The dsp is measured in the same way. If I have confused you, feel free to message me and I will reply with a picture diagram :)

If you would like to purchase any of the supplies to make this treat holder, please pop into my online store, here is the LINK to the Coffee Break Suite where you will find all of the products in this gorgeous suite. If you purchase the stamp set and framelit bundle, OR the stamp set and matching dsp, I will include a handmade gift card holder and matching treat, PLUS a kit and instructions to remake them yourself (see previous post HERE). If you purchase the whole suite, I will not only include the above free gift, but I will also include one of our exclusive pop-up bins!

If you spend $200 or more, I will also include one of these treat holders, filled with either coffee or hot chocolate (your choice) as well as the above kit and pop-up bin!

Feel free to contact me with any questions you might have, I would be happy to chat to you!
cheers,
Kylie



No comments:

Post a Comment

2021-2022 In Colors

Intoducing our lovely new 2021-2022 In Colors! These are some of my favourite In Colors ever! We will have these in our collection for 2 yea...