Sunday 28 April 2019

Floating Frame technique...

I've had a lovely couple of days playing with the Tropical Chic stamp set and the Floating Frame technique.
I found a couple of tutorials online showing me how to do this technique, and once you've done it a few times, it really is quite easy!
The easiest tutorial I came across was from Bruno Bertucci, it was so easy to follow and I found the press and seal here.

Here is one I made yesterday


and with this technique, you also get to use the cutout on another card


The sentiments came from the stamp set that's part of the Soft Sayings Card Kit on page 8 of the Annual Catalogue.

I love this technique, and I find the easiest way to stamp all of my pieces is to use the Stamparatus. I die cut all of my pieces from Whisper White card stock - I can cut through 2 layers of white card at a time - then make a template to use in the Stamparatus, leaving plenty of room to ink up my stamps. I lay the stamp in the cut out and close the stamparatus plate and it "picks up" the stamp on the plate. 




I then put one of the die cuts into the matching space,  ink up my stamps, then close the plate, pressing each stamp evenly to distribute the ink. If the stamp doesn't transfer evenly, just close the plate again and press on the stamp. You can do many stampings quite quickly.


Once I have stamped my pieces, I cut a cardfront to the right size, then lay my pieces out, rearranging them until I am happy with the layout.


 I then cut a piece of Glad Press and Seal and lay it over the top, pressing and smoothing down until all of the pieces are secure. It's like putting Glad Wrap over the top, but it's a bit sticky like a post it note. It just keeps it in position so that I can peel it off the cardfront and run it through the Big Shot to cut the centre out (as above) or to leave it in one piece.
 Once you have finished either cutting out the centre, or leaving it whole, turn it over and place dimensionals on all of the pieces, you may need to cut some up to fit on the smaller pieces. 
Once you have finished with the dimensionals, peel off the backings and lay your cardfront down, pressing down to attach dimensionals. Flip your piece over and attach to the card base with your favourite adhesive (I like wet glue). 
When your cardfront is attached to your card base, carefully peel off the press and seal from the front of your card - if some pieces come away, you can always add another bit of adhesive to adhere it as you go.
If I have confused you, watch Bruno's youtube video, it will show you exactly how to do the above, or google 'floating frame' or 'press and seal technique' and you will find lots of inspiration and how-to.
Here is one that I didn't cut out the centre


It's a great technique, and I keep getting better at it the more I do it.
Why don't you have a go yourself? I would love to see what you come up with!
Let me know if you have any questions, or would love to order the products I used in these cards :)

Until next time,
Kylie x












Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

2021-2022 In Colors

Intoducing our lovely new 2021-2022 In Colors! These are some of my favourite In Colors ever! We will have these in our collection for 2 yea...