Thursday 8 March 2012

Finally!! Welcome to 2012!!

Hi there lovelies.....sorry it has taken sooooo long to pop back on here, but things have been manic!! I will have a couple of posts to share with you to explain my absence, so make yourself comfy and here we go!!

Last time I spoke to you, I had an awful lot on my plate - a day of craft in my (now) 8 year old's classroom, a craft stall at our schools' mini fete and movie night, and quite a few custom orders from my local hairdresser for Christmas goodies. Not to mention my daughter turning 8, with a party at our local Indoor Playcentre, handmade gifts for our favourite teachers and of course Christmas!! Phew! So glad I got through it all!!
Let's start with the craft table at our school mini fete and movie night. It was a great night! Lovely weather and lovely people - the kids were able to wander freely as the school was locked up, and everyone seemed to keep an eye out for all. The P & F did a fantastic job, and the sausage sizzle and raffles went off!
Here are a few pics of my little craft table.









I themed everything I sold around Christmas, and showcased the candy wrapper and pillowbox dies, and of course the M&M tubes sold well - kids need chocolate while watching the movie, right?? Below is a picture of my little muffin, with her face-painting done by the older kids. She had a great night!




Next is a picture of the gifts I made for the kids' teachers:



This was the gift I made for my sons' year 5 teacher - a handstamped and decorated candle, hand-decorated gift bag and inside was colour-coordinated pillowboxes filled with yummy chocolates for her Christmas table. On the back of the candle I printed how much she has meant to us this year, as it was the first year we were at this school and she took such an interest in us as my daughter found it hard to settle in. This teacher really made a difference to our school year. I really hope our daughter has her when she is in year 5!



I went with a similar idea for my daughters' year 2 teacher, just in different colours and with a different message printed on the candle. I took a while to warm up to this teacher as she has a bit of a 'tough love' approach with both the kids and the parents, but I tell you, when I got to know her better, I can't speak highly enough of her! My daughter has come along in leaps and bounds since this teacher came into her life! I absolutely adore this colour - Island Indigo - so this was the first colour I considered using. I think it turned out great! Can you see the silver glimmer paper peeking out from behind the sentiment? I am loving the glimmer paper!! And you know you can colour it to suit your project, don't you? If you don't know how, ask me!!

If you want to know about anything that I have made or the materials that I used to make them, let me know, and I would be happy to show you!

Well, that's enough for today, look out for my next post for the other things that have been keeping me busy in my Stampin' Up! world!!

Until then, make sure you take some time out to papercraft!!

Kylie
















No comments:

Post a Comment

2021-2022 In Colors

Intoducing our lovely new 2021-2022 In Colors! These are some of my favourite In Colors ever! We will have these in our collection for 2 yea...