Wednesday 31 October 2012

Happy Halloween!!

I know we don't really celebrate Halloween here in Australia, but I still think it is cute! I am not into the gross side of Halloween - you know, the zombie/ghoul/death side, I like the funny happy pumpkin, ghost side, complete with LOLLIES (candy)!! Who doesn't love a day where we give lollies away??

I have always made a little something for my kids to take to school to share with their classmates, and this year I decided to make little "brooms" that I was inspired to make from Pinterest. Here is the original picture I saw on there, and I just adapted it to what I had on hand!

Here is how mine turned out. What do you think?

I make enough for the two classes, and spares for any teachers who want one. There are about 80 brooms here.




How cute is the witch?? She comes from the Spooky Bingo Bits stamp set.


This is some of the colour range from our new Polka Dot Parade Designer Series Paper.


I filled the skinny treat bags with sour ropes I found in Woolworths - you get about 14 sour ropes in a pack for $2, bargain!! Halloween will stretch a bit with my kids this year - my son is away at camp, so his will go in on Friday, where my daughter will take hers in on Wednesday, so any spares will make the rounds twice!

I really like the way they have turned out - so cute!

I hope you all have a fantastic Halloween, whether you do anything for it or not - we don't go trick or treating or anything, but I still like to mark the day!

Have a great week!

cheers,
Kylie xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

2021-2022 In Colors

Intoducing our lovely new 2021-2022 In Colors! These are some of my favourite In Colors ever! We will have these in our collection for 2 yea...