Sunday, 1 April 2018
Easy Peasy Card Idea
How cute is this card?
I'll you in on a little secret - it took me less than 5 minutes to make it! And you can use ANY designer series paper (dsp for short) to suit any occasion!
1. Cut your A4 cardstock in half, creating a card base. Score at the halfway point and fold in half using your bone folder for a crisp edge.
2. Cut yourself a dsp strip measuring 14.8cm x 2.9cm.
3. Using either your trimmer or your Simply Scored Scoring Tool, position the open card ( you are scoring on the inside now) with the long side to the top of the tool and score at 2.9cm and 3.2cm (in inches that is 1 1/8" and 1 1/4") and 6.3cm and 6.7cm ( in inches that is 2 1/2" and 2 5/8").
4. Adhere your dsp in between the lines, and stamp your sentiment - I used the Vertical Greetings stamp set.
To make the matching envelope, I used the envelope punch board.
1. Cut your cardstock to measure 20.3cm x 20.3cm.
2. Place cardstock into the punch board and punch and score at 8.7cm, then using the score guide, line up your score lines on each side and punch and score.
3. Cut a piece of matching dsp measuring 11.1cm x 11.1cm (or 4 3/8" x 4 3/8").
4. Put the dsp into the corner punch on the back of the punch board, and round the corner. With the rounded corner to your left, slide your paper into the punch board and punch at 11.1cm. Flip your paper over, and again with the rounded corner to the left, slide to 11.1cm and punch.
5. Choose one of the larger triangles of the envelope and place the liner, only adhering the top portion above the fold line. Fold up the rest of the envelope, adhering the bottom to the sides and pop a small piece of adhesive on the top flap to seal it shut once the card is inside.
You can make this type of card with any designer series paper and change up the sentiment to suit the occasion. Quick and easy but oh so cute! And it's a great way to use up your spare dsp, especially as the new annual catalogue is coming - I need to make room for all of the lovely new papers coming!
If you love this paper, don't delay in placing an order - the retiring list is coming out in a couple of weeks, and once out, all dsp is 'while stocks last' - you don't want to miss out on your favourites (or pay exorbitant $ amounts on ebay!).
You can pop into my online store here :)
One of my team members made me a little gift the other day - a Stampin' Dimensional Holder! I'd never seen this before, and it&...
Hi there lovelies.....sorry it has taken sooooo long to pop back on here, but things have been manic!! I will have a couple of posts to shar...
I've had a lovely couple of days playing with the Tropical Chic stamp set and the Floating Frame technique. I found a couple of tutor...
Stampin' Up! is celebrating World Card Making Day! Starting today, October 1st 2018, you can save 10% off selected card mak...