Wednesday 23 May 2018

Gift Bag and Matching Card


I recently came across this gorgeous gift bag and its matching card - which becomes the decoration for the bag, how clever! - on a US Demonstrator's blog, and fell in love with it! It's so simple, quick and easy to put together, and is just so lovely with the new Share What You Love specialty designer series paper. The paper is thick so it works very well with 3D projects, and it is currently my favourite paper! I can't wait for the new 2018/19 Annual Catalogue to start next week so that I can replenish my supply of it!

Here is my version of the bag and card, what do you think, do you like it?




These are very simple to make, they only use 2 pieces of 12 x 12 paper and some cardstock for the card backing and the card decorations. You can use any paper you like, it doesn't have to be thick, although regular patterned paper is not made to hold heavy items, so you could add a small piece of cardstock in the base for extra strength if you like.
Here is the original version that I remade:




The only thing that I changed from the original design was the card hanger on the front of the bag, I made mine thinner (see above on the pink one).

I am offering this bag and card as a class for $15 per person, with everything supplied except adhesive. You will need your favourite liquid glue (I prefer tombow) or very strong tape, and dimensionals. Invite me over with a few friends - or just you if you like! - and lets get making! 

Contact me to book your date and time to make your very own gift bag and matching card!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2021-2022 In Colors

Intoducing our lovely new 2021-2022 In Colors! These are some of my favourite In Colors ever! We will have these in our collection for 2 yea...