Saturday 25 August 2018

Best Mate's 50th!

Makes me feel pretty old writing that - my best mate's hubby is turning 50, and he's not much older than me!!
But at least he is turning 50 before I do, I'm holding on to that!!
His 50th isn't until later in the week, but his party is this weekend, so I made him a special gift voucher wallet. He is currently restoring a vintage Holden, and the colour is very similar to Tranquil Tide, so this paper sheet from the Tranquil Textures DSP pack is perfect!
The gift voucher ( for a specific car part shop he goes to) is printed on an A4 sized sheet, so a custom wallet was needed to fit.


To fold the A4 perfectly into thirds, I divided it by 3, making each score line 9.9cms apart.
To make the wallet big enough, I cut down a 12 x 12 whisper white sheet to 28cms x 23cms, and scored at 10.5cms and 21cms.
With the smaller section to the top, insert it into your envelope punch board and punch at 3 1/2". Then using your trimmer, line up the valley of the punched part with your cutting track and trim off the excess, which forms the file folder look on the wallet.






To add a little sparkle to this masculine-style card, I added some Wink of Stella to the 50 and the Happy Birthday, can you see it?



And then finished it off with a custom-made envelope.



Shh, I used a few retired products - the Large Numbers framelits and the stamp sets, I am a bit of a hoarder ;)
I loved making this - the birthday boy is a long-time friend, going on 28 years now - so it was nice to tailor something just for him.
I hope he likes it!

Until next time,
Kylie x






Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

2021-2022 In Colors

Intoducing our lovely new 2021-2022 In Colors! These are some of my favourite In Colors ever! We will have these in our collection for 2 yea...