Wednesday 27 February 2019

How Sweet It Is DSP

Have you seen the How Sweet It Is DSP from the Occasions catalogue? 
It's so bright and cheery, just perfect for little girls and sweet birthdays!
It also has a cute suite of products that match - from stamp sets to ribbon and even cute little treat cups!
You can see the range in my store here.
I wanted to show you how I decorated my Merci treat holder when I altered the size to fit another chocolate bar I found in Aldi - the Choceur 40g bar 5pk.




The How Sweet It Is dsp has a few sheets in it that have large images that you can either fussy cut (as I did) or have matching dies to cut them out. The sheet I used has the cute little wrapped lollies on one side, and the lolly jar images on the other, I just cut out the ones that fit the treat holder best and adhered them with dimensionals. I added some Wink of Stella to the lollies inside the jars for a little bit of sparkle.
The Choceur bars are double wrapped - inside the brand wrapper is a foil wrapper - if you carefully take off the brand wrapper, you can decorate the silver wrapper in any colour to match your treat holder!
I left one plain to show you the inside foil wrapper, and simply wrapped the other one in the same dsp I used to decorated the holders, and it slides in perfectly. You could also just decorate the bar in it's silver wrapper and give that without a holder, still just as cute!
You can find the chocolate bars in Aldi, they come in a 5pk and I saw several different flavoured packs. I've used the white chocolate in mine.
To know how much paper you need to decorate your chocolate bar, just measure the back and one side, then double it and add a cm to add your adhesive to, wrap and you're done!
We used to be able to do this with Furry Friends (remember them??) and cadbury bars before they all started being wrapped in that heat sealed plastic, I'm glad I found a chocolate that still comes in foil :)

To see the supplies that I used to make these holders, see below:

Until next time,
Kylie :)


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

2021-2022 In Colors

Intoducing our lovely new 2021-2022 In Colors! These are some of my favourite In Colors ever! We will have these in our collection for 2 yea...