Tuesday 4 June 2013

Convention Day # 3........

Sorry it has taken a while to get to another update - I have been fighting a mega cold since last week - I even spent the day in bed yesterday, and that's so not me! So to the lovely person/people who shared their diseases on the plane back from Brissie, I thank you - NOT lol!!  I never get sick, so this has knocked me about a bit, but I am on the mend finally :)

So, Day # 3, the last day of Convention 2013. We'd had a late night the night before, with Awards Night and the After Party, then a very late dinner before heading back to bed, so it was a struggle to get up, but we were really looking forward to Demonstrator Theatre at 9am. We got to the Convention Centre early enough to get a coffee to take in, so while my friends lined up, I went ahead to get seats, and was able to get closer than usual for some really good close-ups!

I was absolutely blown away by the extreme talent displayed by several wonderful demonstrators that shared with us in the theatre. If Convention was only made up of General Sessions and Demonstrator Theatre, I would've been one happy girl!! I was so inspired by the wonderful ideas and samples these lovely ladies shared with us! Here are just a couple of shots of what they showed, without giving too much away!



 
After Demonstrator Theatre, everyone headed for different classes, our first class was ideas on how to meet new people by the wonderful Bonnie Thurber! She is just a treat!!
 
 I heard a few things I can't wait to put into practice!
We had one more class after Bonnie's, not much to tell there, then we quickly ducked up to our last Memento Mall visit before hitting the Gathering Place for lunch.
 
Lunch was de-lish!! I think I am now a risoni convert - if I can find a recipe like that one! mmm!
 
After last photos of samples and last minute chatting, we made our way up to the last General Session of Convention 2013 and managed to get our usual seats. We were treated to a fabulous presentation by Shannon West:
 



This is a cute little album she made using Stampin' Up! envelopes - such a clever lady!! Here's a pic of me with that clever lady!

 
We also had a fantastic, if not teary, address from the company President, Rich Jutkins. He spoke about getting back to basics, how some have forgotten why we got into stamping in the first place, and to remember your 'pearls' in life - I have never forgotten mine - the way I feel about my friends and family, why I stamp, why I love to share what I do. It was an enlightening address, and we all felt closer to him because of it! This is why I stamp:
 

I love to see a face light up when they 'get it'! I love to see a face once they have stamped and completed a project - it is amazing!

Our last Prize Patrol for convention was won by a few ladies, plus my friend Tanya! I would love to show you the picture, but it contains NEW product, and we can't show that until the new catalogue is available!! Sorry about that!
 
Then Shelli announced our next Convention dates - in Melbourne!! Should be a great time!
 
 
We were lucky enough to get one more all-attendee giveaway: I had pics up until I realized that we can't share them as they are coming out in the new catalogue - dont' want to spoil the surpise!!
 
And the closing picture of Convention 2013 - all the wonderful people who made it such a fantastic few days:
 
 
So after we had photos with a few people and saw all we needed to see, we decided that we just had to have a cocktail to celebrate! First we went to the Mantra....
 
 
Then headed back to the Rydges for a bite to eat......




 
What a wonderful end to the day! Great food, great drinks, and great company (except for the drunk man that kept asking us for chips.....)!!
 
So that's the end of Convention 2013! Not the end to our time in Brissie tho, so stop back soon for another post about our time away...
 
Until then,
Kylie xxx







No comments:

Post a Comment

2021-2022 In Colors

Intoducing our lovely new 2021-2022 In Colors! These are some of my favourite In Colors ever! We will have these in our collection for 2 yea...