Saturday 1 June 2013

Convention Day # 2

Day 2 started early!

We had another General Session at 8.30am, which meant we left for the Convention Centre before 8am to make sure we got a coffee and good seats for close-up photos...my camera got a workout, that's for sure!!

We had some wonderful demonstrator presenters, learnt about some new product available from the upcoming Annual Catalogue, and Prize Patrol made some demos very happy!
After General Session, we had a short break, then we had a couple of classes hosted by several of our top demonstrators - my favourite one was Delys Cram!
Another class was hosted by Carrie Cudney - if you follow the Stampin' Up! youtube videos, you will be very familiar with her, she is just lovely!
 
After that class, we had lunch in the Gathering Place. This is in one of the giant rooms in the Convention Centre, where you can not only sit and relax with your lunch,you can do your make & takes, play with new product in the Product Playground and take photos of all of the samples made for Convention and those shared by all of those talented demos.
 
 
Lunch was yum!! Can you see the silver Glimmer Paper in the background? We won an all-attendee giveaway for Stampin' Up!'s 25th Anniversary!!
 
 
I did have a photo taken with Shelli in this exact spot, but I can't find it now - I can't tell you how upset I am over it :( These are my gorgeous friends that went with me - they are also demonstrators! Can't tell you how much I love them!
Here are a couple of samples that were on display in the Gathering Place - such talented demos!! There were so many I could choose - I will do another post in a week or so with more!


 
 



After lunch we had another class - this one was on how to use MDS - a class I wasn't really interested in, but I am really glad that we went along! We were the only group in there without a laptop (that I saw), but no one minded, and Shannon West (the class host) was very patient and went through everything twice, I must've remembered well because I made a card yesterday for my roomies that I couldn't have done previously! So cheers for that, Shannon!

We took a taxi into Brisbane after the last class as it was starting to rain - we had to go get another suitcase for all of the freebies we were getting! Then a taxi home for a freshen up and a quick snack before we headed back to the Convention Centre for the Awards Evening and After Party.

 
Here we are all ready to go - my poor swollen feet didn't like the shoes!
 




 
How gorgeous does the room look? This was our Gathering Place during the day, they did such a lovely job of swapping it out to this stunning area! We had dessert canapes, tea/coffee and soft drinks, there were a couple of photo booths, the band was really fantastic and it was a great night!! We left around 9.30 as we were starving (for more than sweets) and found a cute little chinese place just across the road, where we gorged ourselves on fried rice and miso soup. We grabbed a taxi home and sat up late chatting about the day.
It was a great day!!
 
I will be back soon with all the goss from Day # 3!!
 
Until then,
Kylie xxx






 




No comments:

Post a Comment

2021-2022 In Colors

Intoducing our lovely new 2021-2022 In Colors! These are some of my favourite In Colors ever! We will have these in our collection for 2 yea...