Monday 5 August 2013

Act. Belong. Commit.


I'm sure you've seen those ads on the tv (and I hope they don't mind that I've borrowed their catchphrase) - sometimes you just need something to get you out of your head and into your life!

I firmly believe that you need to do something just for you - go for a walk, play with the dog, see a movie, make a card or scrapbook page. Whatever it is, just get out there and do it! Far too many of us sit and wallow in our unhappiness, and what a waste of time that is! I'm not saying that going for a walk once will change your life (but it might!). You need to find your thing and go for it!

For me, I found papercraft. I had a friend that did party-plan for a craft company, and she got me into making cards. I was always crafty, but I found my niche when I started taking classes at her place - nothing fancy, just a few mums from playgroup, with our kids playing at our feet while we chatted and made cards. I had a hubby that worked away, my family lived far away and I was feeling overrun and undervalued. I needed something to get me moving and stop me overthinking everything going on in my life - and there are more people that feel that way out there than you can imagine!

So papercraft came along at the right time for me. There are many party plan companies out there, and I found one that suited me and my style - Stampin' Up! I am a mad SU! supporter - can't get enough of it! I love to share how wonderful I feel when I have made something or shown someone else how to make it, and see how happy it makes them. I am lucky enough to have found some lovely friends over the years that I probably wouldn't have made without starting with Stampin' Up! I feel very lucky that I have found this wonderful company.

Does this sound like you? Do you need a creative outlet? Do you need to get out and about and make new friends? Why not take a card class, or try your hand at scrapbooking? You could even join me in being a Stampin' Up Demonstrator - even if it is only to get the fabulous discount and other perks associated! And don't panic - you don't have to demonstrate anything if you don't want to - it's just what we are called!

If you would like more information on upcoming classes or how to join my team or find a demonstrator in your area, let me know! I would be happy to help :)

If you would like to know more about Act. Belong. Commit. click on the highlight and check out their website.

Until next time,
Kylie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

2021-2022 In Colors

Intoducing our lovely new 2021-2022 In Colors! These are some of my favourite In Colors ever! We will have these in our collection for 2 yea...