Saturday 13 April 2013

Scrunched Flowers

Have you seen those cute little scrunched flowers on cards and 3D items and wondered how to make them? Well, I am here to show you! Ready?

You will need a strip of cardstock of your colour choice - I used a strip 6cm because that is what I had in my scraps.
You will also need either a scallop circle punch or a plain circle punch, any size. If you like the fluted edges, you should use a scallop circle punch.


You will also need a brad, any kind, and either a punch like mine, or a sharp poky tool - is that even  a word lol??



First, you will need to punch out 5 circles, then mark the centre of one of them. Punch a hole, or poke your sharp poky tool through the grouped punchies so you can insert a brad to hold them together.



Then pop your brad through and secure the legs at the back. Lift up the first layer and scrunch it into the middle. If you like, you can lightly mist the stack with water.




Once you are happy with the first layer, lift the second and scrunch that into the middle as well.


Repeat with the rest of the layers.




Once you have scrunched all the layers, gently start to pull the flower petals apart, as much or as little as you like. If you pull it too far apart, just scrunch it back together and play with it until you are happy with the effect.


How cute is that? And how simple!! You can make these little flowers as large or as small as you like - check out a quick reference chart I made to help a customer decide just which punch was right for her:


You can see the different effects you get depending on the type of circle punch you use.

And here is a sneak peek of a project (another Tanya inspired cutie) from my upcoming Big Shot Class that is using one of these flowers I made from our new Filter Paper - so cute!






If you would like any more info on how to make these little flowers, let me know! If you would like to book into my Big Shot Class to make this little box click HERE to go to my events page on my Website to book in. If the date of the class isn't good for you, let me know and we can tailor a class just for you!

If you would like to order any of the products you have seen on this page, you can contact me and I will place the order for you or order  in my online store - the next 5 orders will receive a $20 voucher towards future purchases or classes - this voucher can only be redeemed through me, it is not redeemable through another demonstrator or through Stampin' Up! itself.

I hope you have been inspired to go and make your own scrunched flowers! You can also make these with dsp or normal paper! Very versatile!

Until next time,
Kylie xxx













No comments:

Post a Comment

2021-2022 In Colors

Intoducing our lovely new 2021-2022 In Colors! These are some of my favourite In Colors ever! We will have these in our collection for 2 yea...