Saturday 6 October 2018

Happy World Card Making Day!!

That's right - there is a World Card Making Day!
It's a real thing!!
And Stampin' Up! has a special promotion to celebrate it! 
From October 1 to 7, you can get 10% off selected card making products - my favourite is the adhesive, and I'm stocking up! 
Click here to pop to my online store for a complete list of the discounted products :)

I came across a cute card tutorial showcasing our new Santa's Workshop Specialty Designer Series Paper, and I couldn't wait to follow her tutorial and make one myself.
Here it is:

And here is the inside - how cute are those dancing elves!?!


This is a huge card - 21cm x 21cm, and would make a great gift card holder as you could tuck a gift card behind the sentiment, or make the insert slight larger and fold up the bottom section before you decorate to form a pouch - ohh, there's an idea!
I wanted to make a smaller one, so I had a bit of a fiddle around and came up with this:




This card is our usual size - 14.8cm x 10.5cm, so you can get 2 card bases out of an A4 sheet of card stock.
Did you see that Mr and Mrs Claus are popped up on dimensionals? And did you know that they are cut out of the Designer Series Paper? So easy!
This suite has a set of matching Thinlit dies that perfectly cut out most of the images from the dsp - that's right, no fussy cutting!!
This is the Stamp Set and matching Thinlit dies:


Here is the Santa's Workshop Specialty Designer Series Paper:


Here are the Thinlit Dies and the images from the dsp:



How cute are they?? 
So what makes this dsp a specialty dsp? 
Most of the pages have flocking on them - you know that fuzzy stuff? 
The bands on the hats, Mrs Claus' apron, the snowflakes and snowballs on the snowman pages, the white stripes on the striped pages, and the scallop edging are all flocked, just begging you to rub your fingers over the images!
I added touches of Wink Of Stella to the clothes on Mr and Mrs Claus and the elves for an added bit of sparkle - so cute!
If you would like to try the tutorial out for yourself, you can find the original here - it's on youtube.
If you would like to make the smaller one I've worked out measurements for, contact me here and I would be happy to share :)

Until next time,
Kylie

If you would like to know the products I used to make these cards, I've added the information below:


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

2021-2022 In Colors

Intoducing our lovely new 2021-2022 In Colors! These are some of my favourite In Colors ever! We will have these in our collection for 2 yea...