Monday 16 September 2013

Sunburst Technique

So, the latest trend in cards seems to be the Sunburst, or Starburst, technique. When I first saw it I don't know whether I thought it was too random or messy, or too hard, but I have made quite a few now and the technique has grown on me!
This is a card I made in one of my card classes recently. I have a lovely lady that comes regularly as a private class and we make cards together. She is very talented, makes the most gorgeous cards herself, but she books in with me to make some too - I don't know why, maybe she just likes me haha :) 


I used the Eastern Elegance dsp and the Bow Die - love, love, love!!


I saw one just like this online, but once I had made it, it seemed a bit busy for me, so I remade it to be a bit more simple -


I felt much better once I had used less patterns. What do you think? I am using this card in my Christmas card classes at the moment, you should book in and I will show you how to make it too!  I am happy to come to you, or host the class at my place - or I can even mail you the kit (minus the stamped image) and you can make it yourself!!

If you would like to order any of the product to make these cards yourself, contact me or you can place it yourself in my store :)

Until next time,
Kylie xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

2021-2022 In Colors

Intoducing our lovely new 2021-2022 In Colors! These are some of my favourite In Colors ever! We will have these in our collection for 2 yea...